Sunday 7 July 2013

Kilve court

A few weeks ago,
I went to a place in Somerset called Kilve Court. Kilve Court basically runs several extra-curricular courses that people can go to. I went to a writing course and I got to write a story. Kilve Court is a really excellent place with everything you need and there's always plenty of people there so there's always someone that you are bound to make friends with. I had a really great time and I absolutely loved it. I will now say little about the course I went on. On the first day, we did a tasting session and we had to close our eyes and taste it, and we had to try to guess why it was. Then we wrote down what it tasted like, felt like and smelt like. After that we told a ghost story which was cool. The next day we went to some gardens nearby to Kilve Court and we explored them and tried to think of different settings for our stories. In the afternoon of that day, we started to make drafts of our stories. We got to sit in the sun and blow bubbles to help us think. Bubbles are very important for thinking. The next day we started writing our stories for real. later on that day we presented our stories and told our parents what we had done over the past few days as a presentation. It was really good.

thanks Kilve Court!
and an extra special thanks to Beth, my course instructor, who was brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment